Latest NewsPhilosophy of Islamic Law - 4 Day Course
Al Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation in partnership with The Islamic Cultural Centre & The London Central Mosque Trust organised the 8th Training Course on the Philosophy of Islamic Law.
The title of the course was: The Objectives of Shari'ah: Principles and Concepts.
The course took place in the library main hall at the Islamic cultural centre, commencing Saturday 30th November and ending on Tuesday 3rd December 2013, from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm.
The daily average of attendees was over 75 people.
The programme consisted of 15 lectures and an Open Discussion on the final day.
The main topics that were addressed are the following:
- The Objectives of Islamic Law in Proselytising (Da'wah).
- A history of the Development of Maqa'sid as a branch of knowledge.
- Principals of Legal Theory: meaning, function and examples.
- Legal Reasoning Using the objectives of Islamic Law: its Remits (Fields) and Prospects.
- The ways of discovering (detection) and identification of Maqa'sid Al-Shari'ah.
- Maqa'sid Al-Shari'ah in contemporary financial transactions.
- Activation of Maqa'sid Al-Shari'ah into the charity sector.
The lecturers on these topics were:
- Dr. Abdul-Wahab Abu Sulaiman
- Dr. Issam Al-Bashir
- Dr. Mohamed Salim Al-Awa
- Dr. Jasser Audah
- Dr. Hassan Jabir
- Sheikh Abdallah Farraj Al-Sharif
All attendees received a certificate of attendance at the end of the course. The attendees have expressed their happiness in participating, and meeting the well-known scholars. They confirmed that it was of great benefit to them, and requested more courses of this nature in the future.
Central Mosque Trust Ltd, Registered in England and Wales. Company Number:
Registered Office Address: 146 Park Road, London, NW8 7RG | Tel 020 7724
3363 | Fax 020 7724 0493 | Secretary 02077252213, 02077252152